Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Why I Do Menu Planning...

After trying to cut back on how much money I was spending each week at the grocery store, I decided to plan out my menus each week. I went from spending about $250/week to about $60-75/week on groceries! Every Saturday, okay not every Saturday, I sit down with my Menu Planning Notebook, my recipe box, some cookbooks, and a couple of magazines, and I plan out what we will eat for dinner each night. I make a list of what I will need for these meals, and then I go through my cabinets, fridge and freezer and make sure I don't "double buy" anything. That is something I used to be very guilty of!!! Ordering groceries online also helps, since I'm not tempted to buy anything that's not on "The List."

What I have seen result from doing this is:

1. I cook so much more!
2. We order out a lot less = spending less money!
3. We eat much healthier!

No comments: