Monday, June 23, 2008

Baked Ziti with Ground Sausage

1 lb sweet italian sausage meat
15 oz part skim ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
box of ziti
4 cups tomato sauce


Preheat oven to 350

Brown sausage and drain oil from pan when done. Add sausage to your tomato sauce and simmer.

Cook pasta according to package directions to "al dente."

When done, drain pasta and return to pot.

Add ricotta, 1 cup of mozz, and 2-3 cups of tomato sauce (depending upon how "saucy" you like your ziti), and mix well.

Pour into 13x9 dish (or disposable aluminum pan) and top with remaining tomato sauce and cheese.

Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.

Let sit for 5 minutes and serve.

***I don't have any pics of this right now, as my camera's battery was dead yesterday! Also, I make my own sauce, but unfortunately, you'll never see that recipe posted! I use penne pasta instead of ziti a lot of the time because I like it better.***

No comments: