Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Whole Wheat Penne with Roasted Tomatoes, Garlic & White Beans

When I usually make this, I'll roast the tomatoes and garlic in the oven, but I was short on time yesterday, so I made this into a quick recipe! Hope you like it!

1 box whole wheat penne
2-14oz cans diced tomatoes with garlic, oregano and parsley (or any italian variety)
1-15oz can cannellini beans
4 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper
fresh basil, chopped

Cook pasta according to package directions.
In a large pan, add tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.
Drain beans in colander and rinse.
Drain cooked pasta over beans in colander.
Mix pasta, beans and tomato mixture and add basil to taste.
Enjoy!!!

***I've also added grilled chicken to this before and it's very good!***

No comments: