Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Taco Mac Salad

I found this recipe on http://www.menus4moms.com/, but I changed a few things.

Taco Mac Salad

1 box whole wheat rotini
1 lb. ground turkey
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 head lettuce
salt and pepper
1/2 cup french dressing
Bag of Tostitos

Brown turkey over medium heat. Add in taco seasoning and follow directions on packet. Set aside.
Cook pasta as directed. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain again.
In a large bowl mix macaroni, green pepper, cheese, salt and pepper.
Stir in ground turkey and french dressing.
Lay lettuce on plate, spoon meat mixture on lettuce and top with crushed tostitos.






***Next time I make this, instead of french dressing, I'll use sour cream and salsa. I'll also probably add some jalapenos for a little kick.***

No comments: